Thursday, March 8, 2012

We Received A Package


UPS man stopped by and dropped us off a pretty heavy box! 





It Contained.....


Puppy Food!




Okay well not ALL puppy food but dog food none the less! 
I ordered the larger 13oz cans of Merrick Puppy Plate at first but then I decided since wet food is not going to be the puppy's Main meal so I should get smaller cans for "mix in" meals. 
I also got Halo Spot's stew because I plan to mix the Halo Salman Puppy food with the Merrick Puppy plate, I have never mixed dog food before but I have a vet who mixes and says he gets wonderful results. I have taken a lot of heat for it but I am determined to give it a try! The Halo spots stew is a great food but it is way too expensive for me to use as the main dish. Mixing it 60/40 with the Merrick Puppy Plate will help cut down on the cost and still give my puppy good natural ingredients. 


I don't believe I will do the mixing for a long time, I think once the puppy is 8 months or so I may switch to just the Merrick Puppy Plate because the Halo is high in fat content (20% vs the 16% found in Merrick)


My baby boy (of 3 years now) is finally getting *fixed* next week. We waited so long to have it done because he was the runt of the litter and was taken from his mother very early and I wanted to give him optimum time to grow. Now it is time so I made the appointment this morning, I will have my father take him on Wednesday because I have to work and he gets to come home Thursday morning. Wednesday night I will probably be a wreck because he has never spent a night away from home unless I was with him. But it is for the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment